The activities of the Engineering Education Research Center offer opportunities for graduate study, research collaboration and employment. Opportunities exist in multiple engineering departments at WSU and at other institutions.
Wichita State University has an opening for a Freshman Engineering Educator. This is a full time, temporary position focused on the transition from high s chool to college by providing and enriching learning and laboratory experience in the freshman and sophomore years in engineering. The Engineering Educator will develop and direct many efforts including the following responsibilities:
- Teach 2 sections of ENGR101
- Oversee teaching of any other sections of ENGR101 taught by others
- Oversee EECS Senior Design (temporary), to be replaced by experimental courses at a later date
- Oversee a multidisciplinary design studio, also used as a resource for ENGR101
- Perform research by presenting and publishing in conferences and journals as well as performances.
Purdue School of Engineering and Technology, at Indiana University and Purdue University, Indianapolis have an opening for an Assistant/Associate Professor of STEM Workforce Education (tenure track) in the Department of Computer Information and Leadership Technology (CILT) serving the Graduate and Undergraduate STEM Workforce Education programs in partnership with the Indiana University School of Education and the Urban Center for the Advancement of STEM Education (UCASE). Letter of application, current Vitae, names of three references and complete contact information; and statement of STEM Workforce Education philosophy may be submitted electronically at https://www.et.iupui.edu/apply/index.asp?pos=00006192. For a complete job description and application process please visit the following link: http://www.iupui.edu/~oeo/academicjobs/IN-ENGT10021htm.HTM.
NSF Engineering Education Administrator (Program Director) NSF Program Directors bear the primary responsibility for carrying out the agency's overall mission to support innovative and merit-reviewed activities in basic research and education that contribute to the nation's technical strength, security and welfare. To fulfill this responsibility requires not only knowledge in the appropriate disciplines, but also a commitment to high standards, a considerable breadth of interest and receptivity to new ideas, a strong sense of fairness, good judgment and a high degree of personal integrity. Position announcement
THE COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY has an opening for an Assistant/Associate Professor of Engineering and Coordinator of First Year Programs, starting August 2011. Qualifications include a Ph.D. or equivalent in an engineering discipline represented in the School or in Engineering Education. Preference will be given to those applicants who have: a masters degree in engineering, appropriate teaching and research experience for the rank of assistant or associate professor, experience with the engineering design process and/or product development, experience developing innovative first year experiences, experience teaching undergraduate courses, knowledge of the national trends in engineering education experience working collaboratively across disciplines, knowledge of ABET accreditation processes, curriculum/lab development experience, working in or with industry, and professional licensure. Position announcement
- NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY is seeking an Assistant/Associate Professor of Science Education.
We invite applications and nominations for a tenure-line position, assistant/associate professor rank, in the Department of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Education, College of Education, NC State University. To apply for this position please visit our website at http://jobs.ncsu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=88690. The candidate must have completed the doctorate at the time of appointment. This is a nine-month, tenure track appointment effective August 15, 2011. Position announcement
- THE GORDON AND BETTY MOORE FOUNDATION is seeking an experienced and passionate expert in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) education for a newly created Program Officer (PO) role. The Program Officer will lead the foundation's STEM education funding, with a particular focus on "science learning: for children in the San Francisco Bay Area. Position announcement
- STEM PREPARATORY ACADEMY , in Nashville, TN is looking for a Founding Academic Dean to oversee every facet of the school's operation . STEM Preparatory Academy is Nashville's newest public charter school, and the city's first dedicated STEM school, opening its doors in July 2011. STEM Prep is a 5th through 8th grade middle school dedicated to delivering a rigorous, college preparatory education with a specialized focus on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Position announcement
- UTAH STATE has an opening for an Assistant or Associate Faculty position in Engineering Education. Primary responsibilities will be to conduct engineering education research and to teach and develop undergraduate and graduate courses in engineering education. The successful candidate will be required to obtain external funding, and conduct research in engineering education. In addition, the candidate may be asked to advise students and serve on masters and doctoral committees. Position announcement
- VIRGINIA TECH is seeking an Assistant Professor for Technology Education /Integrative STEM Education to conduct research and seek external funding in Technology Education /Integrative STEM Education field, with an expectation of collaboration with faculty in other STEM Ed disciplines; teaching and advising doctoral and masters student and provide service and outreach to the program and School of Education. Position announcement
- INSPIRE is seeking a highly-motivated up-and-coming researcher to help develop and administer a series of research studies associated with P-12 Engineering Education learning and assessment. Purdue University School of Engineering Education. Position announcement
- University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) seeks an accomplished, dynamic and innovative leader in Engineering Education to be the Director of the Center for Research in Engineering and Technology Education (CREaTE). Position announcement
- Pennsylvania State University College of Engineering, Leonhard Center for the Enhancement of Engineering Education is accepting applications for a Post-Doctoral Scholar position focused on assessment and evaluation. Further information about the Leonhard Center is available at http://www.engr.psu.edu/leonhardcenter/. Position announcement.
Graduate Study at WSU
Faculty affiliated with the Engineering Education Research Center invite qualified candidates to apply for graduate study at WSU. Check out the faculty identified with their projects, and contact them for specific opportunities. Recent doctoral students have engaged in engineering education research while pursuing graduate degrees in Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering Science, Mathematics, and others.